Nurturing your Mind, Baby, and Breasts through postpartum.
Immersed in studies pertaining to counselling and psychology, I will always have your emotional and mental health in mind. If needed, I can provide resources for reputable mental health professionals near you.
Empowered Postpartum offers numerous mobile classes to help prepare you for various postpartum milestones. Some classes are also available in person.
Whether this is your first or fourth baby, everyone could use a little help from time to time. The old saying "it takes a village" could not be more true. Unfortunately, our "village" is spread across states and countries, and many of them often work long hours. In this modern world, sometimes your village takes the shape of a doula. Postpartum doula support is broad in focus and far reaching in impact. Offering day and overnight support, this service is bound to help with most of your family's postpartum needs.
BREASTS / CHESTS
Breasts/chests play an integral role in your postpartum transition whether you are nursing or not. I offer loving support to families who choose to breastfeed and those who choose not to. I am in network with several insurance plans and can offer clinical lactation support in your home.
Some of my services include but are not limited to:
- Support to adoptive and LGBQT families seeking advise for inducing lactation, chest feeding, supplemental nursing system use, sourcing donor milk etc.
- Lactation suppression for those who choose not to lactate or have experienced infant loss.
- Clinical and emotional support for women with insufficient glandular tissue or other anatomical or hormonal breast/chest or lactation related concerns.
- Infant oral anatomy and function assessment; evaluating for tongue and lip ties.
- Assisting with infants who are "refusing to feed" from breast or bottle.